Hi. I'm Gage
I graduated from Bradley University in 2017 with a bachelors degree in interactive media, concentrated on game design. Since then I've take on game design as hobby and leveraged my multi-disciplinary background in all kinds of work.
I've done editing, TV production, graphic design, web development, programming and more. Aside from making games in my free time I like I enjoy playing video games and reading comics, with some photography sprinked in for good measure.
At Illinois Mutual I was a member of the Marketing, Communications, and Research team. Working primarily on the marketing side, I designed and developed materials for our corporate website, social media, and print. One of my major area's of focus was in agent recruitment, where I created emails and landing pages designed to entice new agents to contract with Illinois Mutual.
Another major area of my work was print graphic design. Whether I was creating new pieces from scratch or updating existing materials, I had to work within the corporate brand guidelines while creating layouts that were approachable while conveying the naturally complicated minutiae of life insurance.
I've used Adobe After Effects to create animations for web and video. Utilizing After Effects, Illustrator, and Premiere, I am capable of designing in Illustrator and animating in After Effects before integrating a finalized animation into a website or video project.
Bradley University, Graduated May 2017, Peoria, IL
- Bachelors of Science in Interactive Media
- Concentration in Game Design
- Minor in Computer Science
Lab Instructor, Bradley University | August 2019 - December 2019
- Lead lessons on how to use software including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Unity3D. - Foster a collaborative environment where students are safe and comfortable sharing their work and ideas with peers. - Assist students with software and programming issues. - Critique and grade student assignments in a timely manner.
Web and Print Graphic Designer, Illinois Mutual Life Insurance Company | May 2018 - Current
- Edit video and audio using Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Audition. - Create motion graphic videos for insurance product overviews using Adobe After Effects and Illustrator. - Operate and maintain video production equipment incuding cameras, microphones, lights, and backdrops. - Design print and digital marketing materials including booklets, flyers, powerpoints, websites, landing pages, and emails. - Collaborate with marketing and graphics teams to brainstorm new campaigns, projects, and concepts.
Teaching Assistant, Bradley University | January 2018 - May 2018
- Help students learn Unity3D for game production courses. - Troubleshoot problems students encounter with Unity3D or their code. - Teach students concepts pertaining to Unity3D and programming in C#. - Communicate with professors on the status of the class, specifically any issues student teams faced with projects or each other. - Critique design of student projects with professor, providing notes and ideas to help students.
Production Assistant, Outdoor Sportsman Group | September 2017 - May 2018
- Log metadata for raw video footage to assist editors in sorting and organizing video content for later use. - Edit and color correcting web videos for The Ford Outfitters, Bowhunter, and North American Whitetail. - Analyze and incorporate feedback in a timely manner. - Communicating with producers to make any necessary changes to videos in a timely fashion.